N.Y. Congressman Meeks Newest Co-Sponsor Of Visa Waiver Bill
Congressman Gregory Meeks, Photo by Polish American Congress
Jamaica, N.Y. (2/10) .. Congressman Gregory Meeks (D-NY) (center), added his name to the list of
co-sponsors of the latest proposed legislation expanding the Visa Waiver Program and finally allowing Polish citizens to be included. Shown thanking him for his support are: Chet Szarejko (left), chairman of the Polish American Congress Political Activities Committee and Frank Milewski, president of the PAC’s Downstate New York Division.
Getting Poland into America’s Visa Waiver Program has been the Polish American Congress’ goal for several years. The year 2011 ended in disappointment when such legislation failed to be passed.
But 2012 begins with the re-introduction of similar proposed legislation with a new label: Visa Waiver Program Enhanced Security and Reform Act. It is identified as H.R. 3855 in the House of Representatives and S.2046 in the U.S. Senate.
Congressman Meeks is Senior Member of the House Foreign Affairs Committee and a longtime friend of Mr. Szarejko. In addition to discussing the Visa Waiver bill at Rep. Meeks’ Jamaica (Queens) office, Szarejko sought the Congressman’s support for the idea of having New York State schools expand their curricula to teach more adequately the important contributions to America of Poland’s Thaddeus Kosciuszko.
The Polish military engineer served under Gen. George Washington in America’s War of Independence and helped make the Battle of Saratoga in upstate New York the “turning point of the American Revolution” by his engineering skills. Gen. Kosciuszko also built the fortifications around West Point where a monument honoring him stands today.
When Gen. Kosciuszko wrote his last will and testament in the United States, he left his estate for the purpose of liberating African Americans forced into slavery, thereby earning for himself the title, “America’s First Emancipator.”
Contact: Frank Milewski
Pozostałe wiadomości POLONIA - Polonia News
- Denver dla Ukrainy - Pokojowy Protest»
- Nasza Unia wspiera „amerykański sen”»
- Konsul Ewa Junczyk-Ziomecka, reżyser Agnieszka Wójtowicz-Vosloo i adwokat Sławomir Platta czytają dzieciom w Nowym Jorku»
- Polish Family Basketball Night with Marcin Gortat »
- "Study in Poland", "Visit Poland", "Get Well in Poland" w trzeciej edycji Targów Edukacyjnych w Nowym Jorku»
- Polish Universities Educational Fair 2014 in New York City- the 3rd edition »
- Biuletyn Instytutu Józefa Piłsudskiego - Nowy Jork marzec 2014»
- Środa Popielcowa i przepisy wielkopostne w kościele St. Stanislaus Kostka na Greenpoincie, NY»
- Paczki na Wielkanoc do Polski z USA - terminy na 2014 z Polonez Parcel Service, Inc.»
- W NY Targi Edukacyjne Uczelni Polskich 2014 - III edycja już w marcu»
- Szalona Karnawałowa Niedziela w Perth Amboy, NJ»
- Konsulat Generalny RP z NY w New Britain, CT»
- Biografie kandydatów do P-SFUK Rady Dyrektrów - Wybory 2014»
- Walne Zebranie Sprawozdawczo-Wyborcze P-SFUK 2014 (Wybory Naszej Unii) - informacje»
- Learn How To Make "Gołąbki" - Stuffed Cabbage»
- POLAND 2014: Eastern Poland and Must-See Highlights»
- Dyżur Konsulatu na paszporty, wnioski w sprawach prawnych i obywatelskich w Doylestown, PA»
- Andrzej Lubowski, author of Zbigniew Brzeziński’s biography visited Chicago»
- Learn Interpersonal Skills. Conflict Resolution Workshop for teens in Chicago, IL»
- Polonia w USA pożegnała Ninę Polan »