Sales of Microsoft's Kinect top 10 million03-10-2011ostatnia aktualizacja 03-10-2011, 07:36
Microsoft said Wednesday that sales of the gesture-sensing Kinect for the Xbox 360 videogame console had topped 10 million units, making it the fastest-selling consumer electronics device ever.
The Seattle, Washington-based US software giant also said it has sold more than 10 million standalone Kinect games worldwide.
Microsoft sold an average of 133,333 Kinect units per day between the day of its launch on November 4 and January 3.
"No other consumer electronics device sold faster within a 60-day time span, which is an incredible achievement considering the strength of the sector," said Guinness World Records gaming editor Gaz Deaves, cited by Microsoft.
Kinect uses a 3D camera and motion recognition software to let people play videogames on the Xbox 360 using natural body movements and voice commands instead of hand-held controllers.
More than 50 million Xbox 360 consoles have been sold worldwide.
© Copyright AFP Agence France-Presse GmbH - All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or distributed. All reproduction or redistribution is expressly forbidden without the prior written agreement of AFP.
Nie ma jeszcze żadnych komentarzy...
MORE GAMES' REVIEWS BY marciN skoK
- Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Review - PS3 - 9.3»
- RAGE Review - PC, Playstation 3, Xbox 360 - 7.9»
- Battlefield 3 Open Beta Impressions - PC»
- Sony PlayStation network users face password change»
- Sony rebuilding PlayStation Network after breach»
- Sony scrambles to revive PlayStation Network»
- Videogame makers seek footing on shifting landscape»
- Review: Medal of Honor - PC, PS3, Xbox 360 - 7.8»
- Nintendo issues age warning on its 3D games»
- Tokyo Game Show opens with focus on 3D videogames»
- "Halo: Reach" rings up 200 million dollars on first day»
- 'Mafia Wars' online game triumph marked with a blast»
- Final Fantasy maker Square Enix reports quarterly profit»
- EA Posts Crysis 2 Countdown Site»
- Review: Left 4 Dead 2 - PC, Xbox 360 - 9.2»
- Review: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 - PC, PS3, Xbox 360 - 9.0»
- Review: Section 8 - PC, Xbox 360 - 7.0»
- Capcom: PC Gaming's Savior?»
- Review: Wolfenstein - PC, PS3, Xbox 360 - 7.4»
- Review: Prototype - PC, PS3, Xbox 360 - 8.2»