Pulaski Day Parade 2013 in New York. Pictures from Pulaski Parade 2013
08-06-2013ostatnia aktualizacja 10-07-2013, 09:34
Pulaski Day Parade. Nowy Jork-zeszloroczna Parada Pulaskiego. Zdjecie Zosia Żeleska-Bobrowski
76th annual Pulaski Day Parade will be held on Sunday, October 6, 2013 - Fifth Ave. New York City.
See pictures from Pulaski Day Parade 2013 >>>
On Sunday, October 6th, 2013, we will once again display our noble heritage and culture at the 76th Annual Pulaski Day Parade on Fifth Avenue in New York City. This year's Parade theme, following last year's Diamond Jubilee Celebration, is March, March, Polonia, March the Proud Nation: "Marsz Marsz Polonia, Marsz Dzielny Narodzie".
On the first Sunday of October, Polish Americans pay tribute to their heritage and General Casimir Pulaski, one of their most celebrated heroes, by marching in the streets of NYC. Parade participants include: native Polish costumes, folk dance troupes, beauty pageant winners and distinguished members of the community. Members of the Catholic, Polish and American clergy watch the parade from the steps of St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Honorary guests have also included prominent Poles from the homeland. In 2005, Lech Valensa, the leader of Solidarity and first president of a democratic Poland served as Honorary Grand Marshal of the parade.
Since 1937, the Polish American Community of NYC has honored General Casimir Pulaski, a Polish aristocrat and American Revolutionary War Hero during the month of October. Mr. Pulaski joined General George Washington in the war for America’s independence in 1777 and became known as the “Father of the American Cavalry”. He lost his life in October 1779, at the Battle of Savannah. Since 1929, Pulaski Day has been observed annually in the U.S. by presidential proclamation. Over the years, many Americans have kept the memory of Casimir Pulaski alive by naming different counties, towns, parks and squares after him.
Nie ma jeszcze żadnych komentarzy...
U.S. NEWS - Wiadomości z USA
- Jan Karski na polskiej wersji Google Doodle»
- Minister Obrony Narodowej RP Tomasz Siemoniak na spotkaniu z Sekretarzem Stanu USA Chuckiem Hagelem w Waszyngtonie»
- The concert, “Peace Through Music 'In Our Age,'” Will Celebrate Popes John Paul II and John XXIII »
- The Canonization of Blessed Popes John XXIII and John Paul II - special celebrations in Manhattan, NY»
- Conference at Georgetown University on Jan Karski's 100th Birthday, Washington , DC»
- Konferencja o dziedzictwie Jana Karskiego z udziałem Gubernator Pat Quinn»
- Your 2013 Federal Taxpayer Receipt»
- Ryszard Schnepf met with Senators Richard Durbin and John McCain»
- Prof. Dariusz Stola, the new director of the Museum of the History of Polish Jews visits New York»
- Adam Michnik at the 10th Annual PEN World Voices Festival in New York»
- A discussion on democratic culture in Poland since the end of Communism»
- Wojciech Węgrzyn na spotkaniu z sędziami amerykańskimi w Chicago»
- Consulate General RP in NY, the Anti-Defamation League and Georgetown University Press paid tribute to Jan Karski»
- Najstarszy Paulin świata z Amerykańskiej Częstochowy obchodzi 100-te urodziny »
- Way of the Cross over the Brooklyn Bridge in NY on Good Friday»
- San Francisco gets ready for canonization of late Pope John Paul II»
- Chevron, ConocoPhilips, Hallliburton zainteresowane bezpieczeństwem energetycznym Polski»
- Prof. Krzysztof M. Górski, from the Jet Propulsion Laboratory managed for NASA, about recent achievements of the astronomical space missions »
- Pulaski Skyway Rehabilitation Project: Important Closure Information»
- Annual Tadeusz Kosciuszko Conference and Kosciuszko Day Observance at West Point, NY»