Pulaski Day Parade 2013 in New York. Pictures from Pulaski Parade 2013
08-06-2013ostatnia aktualizacja 10-07-2013, 09:34
Pulaski Day Parade. Nowy Jork-zeszloroczna Parada Pulaskiego. Zdjecie Zosia Żeleska-Bobrowski
76th annual Pulaski Day Parade will be held on Sunday, October 6, 2013 - Fifth Ave. New York City.
See pictures from Pulaski Day Parade 2013 >>>
On Sunday, October 6th, 2013, we will once again display our noble heritage and culture at the 76th Annual Pulaski Day Parade on Fifth Avenue in New York City. This year's Parade theme, following last year's Diamond Jubilee Celebration, is March, March, Polonia, March the Proud Nation: "Marsz Marsz Polonia, Marsz Dzielny Narodzie".
On the first Sunday of October, Polish Americans pay tribute to their heritage and General Casimir Pulaski, one of their most celebrated heroes, by marching in the streets of NYC. Parade participants include: native Polish costumes, folk dance troupes, beauty pageant winners and distinguished members of the community. Members of the Catholic, Polish and American clergy watch the parade from the steps of St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Honorary guests have also included prominent Poles from the homeland. In 2005, Lech Valensa, the leader of Solidarity and first president of a democratic Poland served as Honorary Grand Marshal of the parade.
Since 1937, the Polish American Community of NYC has honored General Casimir Pulaski, a Polish aristocrat and American Revolutionary War Hero during the month of October. Mr. Pulaski joined General George Washington in the war for America’s independence in 1777 and became known as the “Father of the American Cavalry”. He lost his life in October 1779, at the Battle of Savannah. Since 1929, Pulaski Day has been observed annually in the U.S. by presidential proclamation. Over the years, many Americans have kept the memory of Casimir Pulaski alive by naming different counties, towns, parks and squares after him.
Nie ma jeszcze żadnych komentarzy...
U.S. NEWS - Wiadomości z USA
- New York’s Museum honors those who helped to save Jews from the Holocaust. Among them more than 6,000 Poles»
- Atlanta, Pittsburgh i Chicago w programie wizyt Ambasadora RP»
- Poland’s Ambassador met with the Chairman of the Armed Services Strategic Forces Subcommittee»
- For Polish American high school students and Americans who wish to study in Poland»
- Mass Rally in Washington DC in Support of Ukraine. Georgia 2008, Ukraine 2014, Poland ???»
- Notice of Annual Meeting of The Polish & Slavic Federal Credit Union and Election Procedures»
- A Memorial Service for Nina Polan (actress, singer, director, producer) in New York»
- Szpiedzy kiedyś i dziś»
- Kolejny zrabowany w czasie II wojny światowej obraz został odnaleziony i już przekazany Polakom»
- An 18th-century painting stolen by Nazis, during World War II, will return from U.S. to Poland»
- Doroczna konferencja METRO 2014 w Nowym Jorku»
- Dzieło Johanna Conrada Seekatza "Św. Filip chrzci sługę królowej Kandaki", kolejny skradziony w czasie wojny obraz wróci z USA do Polski »
- The 10th Annual Dinner-Auction - Brighton-Ziębice Sister City in Brighton, CO»
- The Kosciuszko Foundation Annual Dinner & Ball 2014 at the Waldorf Astoria Hotel - a premier social event in NYC»
- New York State Citizen Preparedness Corps. Citizen Preparedness training will begin in February 2014»
- Ukrainian World Heavyweight Champion Volodymyr Klychko in New York. Ukrainian Congress Committee of America is supporting this event»
- Aktor Philip Seymour Hoffman nie żyje»
- Candidates’ Forum for Polish-Americans in Chicago»
- Pulaski Parade 2014 Grand Marshal, Hon. Sheriff Richard H. Berdnik, from Passaic County, NJ»
- Secretary of Homeland Security Jeh Johnson coming to Krakow»