Pulaski Day Parade 2013 in New York. Pictures from Pulaski Parade 2013
08-06-2013ostatnia aktualizacja 10-07-2013, 09:34
Pulaski Day Parade. Nowy Jork-zeszloroczna Parada Pulaskiego. Zdjecie Zosia Żeleska-Bobrowski
76th annual Pulaski Day Parade will be held on Sunday, October 6, 2013 - Fifth Ave. New York City.
See pictures from Pulaski Day Parade 2013 >>>
On Sunday, October 6th, 2013, we will once again display our noble heritage and culture at the 76th Annual Pulaski Day Parade on Fifth Avenue in New York City. This year's Parade theme, following last year's Diamond Jubilee Celebration, is March, March, Polonia, March the Proud Nation: "Marsz Marsz Polonia, Marsz Dzielny Narodzie".
On the first Sunday of October, Polish Americans pay tribute to their heritage and General Casimir Pulaski, one of their most celebrated heroes, by marching in the streets of NYC. Parade participants include: native Polish costumes, folk dance troupes, beauty pageant winners and distinguished members of the community. Members of the Catholic, Polish and American clergy watch the parade from the steps of St. Patrick’s Cathedral. Honorary guests have also included prominent Poles from the homeland. In 2005, Lech Valensa, the leader of Solidarity and first president of a democratic Poland served as Honorary Grand Marshal of the parade.
Since 1937, the Polish American Community of NYC has honored General Casimir Pulaski, a Polish aristocrat and American Revolutionary War Hero during the month of October. Mr. Pulaski joined General George Washington in the war for America’s independence in 1777 and became known as the “Father of the American Cavalry”. He lost his life in October 1779, at the Battle of Savannah. Since 1929, Pulaski Day has been observed annually in the U.S. by presidential proclamation. Over the years, many Americans have kept the memory of Casimir Pulaski alive by naming different counties, towns, parks and squares after him.
Nie ma jeszcze żadnych komentarzy...
U.S. NEWS - Wiadomości z USA
- Completely Customized Events for You in New York»
- Poland's Emerging Role in Shaping Global Security & the US - Polish Partnership Conference at Yale, CT»
- Tribute to Henryk Sławik, Hero of Three Nations: Polish, Hungarian and Jewish »
- Polish Team “Semper Fi” to take part in the 39th Marine Corps Marathon»
- Polish Night with the Miami HEAT and Marcin Gortat vs. Washington Wizards »
- President Obama Announces Presidential Delegation to Attend the Opening Ceremony of POLIN, the Museum of the History of Polish Jews»
- Adam Michnik, Elzbieta Matynia and Irena Grudzinska-Gross in conversation in NYC»
- W bibliotece Kongresu USA w Waszyngtonie o Janie Karskim»
- Senator John McCain, the 2014 recipient of the Spirit of Jan Karski Award»
- Witraż wykonany przez polskich artystów w siedzibie Narodów Zjednoczonych»
- Program studiów polskich na Central Connecticut State University w New Britain»
- Ambasador Ryszard Schnepf spotkał się z dziennikarzami Bloomberga »
- Polish Studies Program at Central Connecticut State University »
- My Heritage, My Values, My Vote»
- Screenings in NYC of "Warsaw Uprising", a polish movie nominated to Oscar»
- "Musi być o mnie głośno w USA", czyli jak Małgorzata Mazurek zabiega o studentów Columbii»
- "Powstanie Warszawskie" - polski kandydat do Oscara 2015 w kinie na Mahattanie, NY»
- Jan Karski Educational Foundation Reception 2014 in New York»
- Wnioski, o wydanie polskiego paszportu od obywateli polskich, będą przyjmowane w Denver CO»
- W Waszyngtonie Narodowe Sanktuarium promuje dziedzictwo Jana Pawła II»