Polish American Arts Association Scholarship - 2019 Scholarship Grants
09 Luty, 2019
Applicants must be full-time college students of Polish heritage who demonstrate their involvement with the Polish community. Applications accepted through April 1.
The Constitution of The Polish American Arts Association (PAAA) exhorts our organization “to support and promote the higher educational and scholastic endeavors of our youth.” In accordance with this stated Mission, the Scholarship Grant Committee announces the opening of the 19th season of the PAAA Scholarship Grant Program. New applications will be accepted from February through April 1, 2019 for a Scholarship Grant up to $5,000. Winners will be notified by early May, 2019 and will receive the grant at the PAAA General Membership Meeting held in May/June of the same year. There is no application fee required.
- Applicant must be an American Citizen, either by birth or naturalization. Consideration will also be given to ten-year green card permanent residents who express desire to one day become Unites States citizens.
- Applicant must be of Polish or Polish-American descent and demonstrate his/her descent with a family tree.
- Applicant must be a resident of Washington D.C.; Maryland or Virginia or be a student at an institution in one these jurisdictions.
- Applicant must be a full time college student, currently enrolled at an accredited college or university in the United States, with confirmed future attendance at an institution in the summer or fall semester of 2019.
- Applicant must describe his/her involvement with the Polish community - past, present, or future.
- Complete application package must be received in its entirety no later than April 1, 2019.
Factors for Consideration in Order of Importance:
- Demonstrated interest and involvement in Polish-American cultural activities and future plans to advance those interests.
- Significant and potential contributions (artistic, academic, cultural, scientific, civic), open to all career fields.
- Academic and scholastic performance and achievements as demonstrated in application materials provided for review.
- Financial need.
Please submit the following Application Package:
- PAAA Scholarship Application Form
- Copy of most recent two years college/high school transcripts with current GPA. These do not need to be official if you can provide an online version.
- Letters of Recommendation from faculty member/s familiar with your academic endeavors.
- A maximum 1,000 word essay,evaluated on the basis of content, grammar and punctuation, defining your career goals and how the PAAA Grant might help you advance Polish culture. Describe your involvement in Polish cultural activities. Explain how you plan to be involved in such activities in the future.
- Sketch of family tree demonstrating Polish heritage.
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae.
- Examples of your work may be included, but hard copies will not be returned.
- Video/Audio clips or YouTube URLs
- Artistic Portfolio
- Abstracts or other short examples of written work
- Links to work
Application materials may be sent via hard copy or electronic mail to the PAAA Scholarship Chairman and must be received by April 1. 2019. A completed application package which contains all the materials in one transmission is preferred. There is no application fee.
Applicant can send all materials (.doc, .docx, .pdf, or .jpg files) electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org using “PAAA Scholarship” in the subject line or a drop-box-type link with all materials (preferred method).
Alternatively, a hard copy of the application package can be sent to:
PAAA Scholarship Chairman
1204 Whetstone Drive
Arnold, MD 21012-2397
Questions can be sent to the above email address.